Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Where are my Dreamers?


A man rakes leaves into a young woman
Bound silently to accomplishments.
All hail the American night,
These monstrous angels run,
An appearance of the devil,
Explosion of birds.
And I came to you
Androgynous, liquid, happy-
As the drowning man.
Bitter winter blessings,
Clothed in sunlight,
Clustered in watchful terror.
Come disciple
Does the house burn?
So be it.
Drugs, sex, drunkenness
Battle
Earth, air, fire, water.
Everything human
Fence my sacred fire.
I am guide to the labyrinth,
I fear that he has been
And will not come again.
L’america
It was the greatest night of my life.
Midnight moment of freedom.
‘O god’ she cried
Of the great insane.
Poet of the call girl storm,
Rhonda-
She looked so sad in sleep.
The day I left the beach
The diamonds shone
Like broken glass.
Grand highway,
Hour of the wolf,
Voice of the serpent,
Velvet fur of religion.

What are you doing here?
Where are my dreamers?
And the walls screamed
Poetry, disease and sex.

For Jim Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment